Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Waiting Game


I will never get used to the waiting game with these pregnant does! My first doe is "up to bat," so to speak, on Wednesday. She isn't progressing as quickly as I would expect for this close to her due date. The only thing making a huge change right now is the rapidly increasing girth of her belly. I usually see this pattern in does in their last several weeks, not days. This makes me wonder about her actual due date. The breeder had told me, after the first ultrasound, that the vet felt she was pregnant but not far enough along to have taken on the breeding date he was given. The breeder didn't feel she went into heat after that, and when I picked Tifa up she was still indicating October 2nd as her breed date. Now I am thinking that she took one heat cycle later, and that may give her another three weeks until the big event.

Photobucket

-Tifa's udder 2/21-

She has a lot more filling to do to come close to the capacious udder she had last year. I don't mind waiting, but when I have to wait several weeks past the expected date it makes me anxious. I want to see those babies! I've been dreaming about what comes out! She does, however, look big enough for triplets. I need two girls and a boy please. Thanks for taking my order God. :)

If I have to wait a whole three weeks more for Tifa's babies, at least my impatience can be satiated by my new doe, Klover. I pick her up next Saturday! I'm so ecstatic about collecting my new girl. Plus, I get to go to Algedi to get her, a farm I've always admired. I've seen their goats at a couple of shows and they are spectacular. They are a ranch I would love to have a kid from someday, but doubt I could ever afford. It will be nice to see their set-up.

Cupcake was successfully covered by Dandy the 21st of February. She is staying there for a few more weeks to make sure she doesn't come back into season. I am to pick her up around the fourteenth of March. I'm not sure I ever posted a photo of Dandy, or his awesome dam, so here they are:

Photobucket

~Camanna LI Moonlight Dandy~

~CH Camanna CS Moonlight Sonata AND her gorgeous udder!~

Just hoping and praying Cupcake gives me a doe. Of course I pray all my girls have does, but Cupcake, Klover and Tifa are does I really am desperate for girls from since they are bred to great outside bucks I won't get a chance to use again. I would love a doe kid from Poit as well for me to keep, but I can always repeat the breeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment