Wednesday, February 15, 2012

...And It is Official!


..Well, ALMOST. I will be purchasing another bred doe who is due in April. I will be making the down payment tomorrow, which just so happens to be exactly half of the purchase price. My mother and father decided to chip in the rest as an early birthday present. My mother would also like a whether from her if she has any boys. Done!

Introducing KW Farms GM Kens 5LeafKlover

Her name is really a mouthful! I really like her breeding on the top, but am unsure of the bottom...nothing notable or able to be researched. That said, her top side is Little Tots Estate, a fantastic farm from Georgia. It would be so nice to have some top quality lines from outside of our area (Washington, Oregon and Northern California). I love Pholia Farms, Rosasharn, Piddlin Acres and Camanna, but I feel as if I need more varied blood from other proven farms. I know Piddlin Acres is in Texas, and Rosasharn is in MA, but they are very popular lines here on the West Coast.

She is bred to J-Nels SQ Donnie, who is from a an outstanding show farm in North Carolina and is Rosasharn on top, and Caesar's Villa on bottom. CV! I have loved their animals forever, and I believe the herd is no more. I am so fortunate to have kids coming from those lines, and am really crossing my fingers for at least one doe. Klover had triplet does her first freshening (this will be her second), so hopefully she will keep giving and not decide she already met her doe quota for two seasons! She had a gorgeous FF udder and that really attracted me to her. For me, general appearance and conformation, etc. is extremely important, but udders are where its at.

The breeder should be coming down to Algedi in a few weeks, and I will be able to pick up my girl! AND, she has blue eyes! She is long, long, long with a beautiful topline and very strong front end assembly. I love her extension of brisket and her stretchy neck. I think she'll be strong in the show ring for me. The only problem? She has a scur so bad on one side it looks like a full horn. The breeder promised to band it, but I'm not sure if I can take her in the show pen. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment