Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Only One Left to Come Home

I welcomed Pearl and Dakota home on Sunday. The little farm they came from is very nice. I loved the organization. They also had several very nice doelings for sale, as well as a few great looking does in milk. If you'd like their email address, contact me at firelight_27@yahoo.com. They are attempting to downsize, and the prices are great. They are also very well bred, mostly Camanna. I believe they still have a few who are bred and due this summer. If you haven't yet, and you are interested in registered Nigerian Dwarfs, you should check out Camanna's Petite Paradise. They are one of my favorite farms. They always have amazing animals, and they have gorgeous color on top of the quality.


Photobucket

This is Pearl. Her full name is Tualatin Acres. D. Black Pearl. She is a little wary of me, but I have attempted to spend as much time as I can with these does over the past few days and she has become pretty easy to catch. They both like to jump in the horse feeder and chill, which I've never had any of my goats do. Poor Romeo (my gelding) gets to be fed in the hanging feeder from now on. Pearl is such a capacious, wide-bodied doe. She is also long, uphill and has a gorgeous neck. It is very hooky when she decides to look at something in the distance. She just has an overall regal appearance. I felt kids kicking in her belly today. She is also a little fleshy around her udder. Not filling, just fleshy. Supposedly, she was in with the buck the end of January...however, she seems closer to kidding than Dakota, who is supposedly due next month.

Photobucket

Dakota is super flashy. I love her spotting. She is very refined and level. She should be wider bodied, but I just love how showy and correct she is. Her pooch tells me she is preggo, but I can't feel kids no matter how hard I try, and I'd expect her udder to be doing something at this point considering she only has a month to go (supposedly.) Not that being able to feel kids, or udder development is a sure indication of anything. Here is to hoping she is bred, because I like her the most, and I love the buck. She is actually pretty friendly, and comes sniffing for treats and scratches.

Finally, I brought home Narf on Monday. She was amazingly quite the whole ride home. She just laid in my lap like a car ride was a completely normal event. She is very attached to people. I gave her and Val a shave a couple of days ago. They are staying together until Narf settles down and gets a little bigger and can mingle with the big girls.

Photobucket

I missed a little fuzz over her rump. My clip jobs aren't always the best. Now the only one left to come home is Tomahawk, who I'm picking up May 1st at the Megabucks show. After some confusion I got the show form mailed in and everything, so we are all set to compete. Here is to hoping we do good at my first Nigerian show! I signed him up for all three rings. :) Hopefully my lack of experience doesn't hurt him in the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment